Posted by Christina Kemp on March 4, 2014
A families shed went up in flames this evening in Northeast Portland. Firefighters arrived to find the large medal shelf fully engulfed on Southeast 111th and Inslee. Battalion Chief Chris Babcock with Portland Fire talked with the owners.
“One of the owners relatives had just moved their furniture and possessions in while they were transferring from one house to another.”
Investigators are …
PORTLAND — A late Monday night fire sent residents living above Mike’s Auto Parts at Southeast 52nd and Woodstock running for safety when it went up in flames, causing significant damage.
“Crews were having some difficulty because of the size of that building with just one primary entrance in the front,” said Lieutenant Rich Chatman.
The fire appears to have started way in …
PORTLAND — The east winds fueled a fire on Friday morning that consumed an elderly couple’s ranch-style house at Southeast 152nd and Hawthorne Court.
The homeowner smelled smoke and went to the garage just before 9:00. He believed it was coming from the furnace.
“I opened the garage door and the smoke just about bowled me over,” said James Schooly the third.
PORTLAND — Two men including an employee have been arrested for a fire that seriously damaged the historic Pal’s Shanty Tavern and restaurant on Northeast Sandy Boulevard.
Investigators believe that the blaze was set to cover up a burglary. One of the suspects was burned. Firefighters responded to reports of an explosion and sparks from a window on the second floor …
PORTLAND — One person was burned and another injured when their home caught fire on Friday morning. Investigators say a propane heater that malfunctioned sparked the blaze on Southeast 161st Court off Lincoln.
The fire spread from the garage inside through the attic. A car in the driveway went up in flames. It caused about $85,000 in damage.
A man was burned on the head …