Anna Erickson contributed to this story
PORTLAND – A building in inner Southeast Portland that’s listed on the historic registry caught fire on Friday morning.
The Osborn Hotel at Grand Avenue and Ash houses retail and businesses on the first and second floors, and apartments on the third.
Danielle Higgins, who lives in one of the apartments, says she was asleep when a …
Christina Kemp contributed to this story.
ROWENA, Ore. –Fire crews made great progress overnight on the Rowena Fire in the Columbia River Gorge. Authorities say everyone who had to evacuate can return home today. About 140 homes were under a Level 3 “go” evacuation but with building containment lines and crews putting out hot spots the fire is now 55 percent …
Rosemary Reynolds contributed to this story
PORTLAND — An early morning fire at The Yards apartments in Northwest Portland has sent one man to the hospital. Crews found smoke and water coming from the unit when they arrived at 6:30 a.m.
When they got inside, they found a man on the floor next to a couch that had burned. The fire was …
Posted by Cort Johnson on July 17, 2014
CENTRAL WASHINGTON – Authorities in Central Washington are asking residents in nearly 900 homes to evacuate, as the Chiwaukem Creek Fire continues to grow.
The fire has zero percent containment, being fed by high temperatures and steady wind. Nearby, the town of Leavenworth is full of smoke.
So far, the lightning caused wildfire has burned over 1,300 acres, an area of nearly …
Posted by Cort Johnson on July 16, 2014
(Photo courtesy of TVF&R)
Rosemary Reynold contributed to this story ~
WEST LINN, OR – Eleven people, including three young children, are homeless after a fire destroyed three West Linn duplexes early Wednesday.
Officials with Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue say the fire began when a resident began cooking around 1am and left the stove unattended. The fire soon spread to area duplexes.