Anna Erickson contributed to this story
PORTLAND – A building in inner Southeast Portland that’s listed on the historic registry caught fire on Friday morning.
The Osborn Hotel at Grand Avenue and Ash houses retail and businesses on the first and second floors, and apartments on the third.
Danielle Higgins, who lives in one of the apartments, says she was asleep when a …
Posted by Associated Press on March 19, 2014
EUGENE, Ore. — Authorities say a body has been found at a house fire that a police spokeswoman calls “suspicious.”
The fire was in the city’s Fairmount neighborhood and was reported after midnight.
The police said Wednesday morning the body was found as firefighters extinguished the blaze.
Police spokeswoman Melinda McLaughlin told the Register-Guard that police regard the fire as suspicious but she …
PORTLAND — A late Monday night fire sent residents living above Mike’s Auto Parts at Southeast 52nd and Woodstock running for safety when it went up in flames, causing significant damage.
“Crews were having some difficulty because of the size of that building with just one primary entrance in the front,” said Lieutenant Rich Chatman.
The fire appears to have started way in …
PORTLAND — The east winds fueled a fire on Friday morning that consumed an elderly couple’s ranch-style house at Southeast 152nd and Hawthorne Court.
The homeowner smelled smoke and went to the garage just before 9:00. He believed it was coming from the furnace.
“I opened the garage door and the smoke just about bowled me over,” said James Schooly the third.
PORTLAND — Two men including an employee have been arrested for a fire that seriously damaged the historic Pal’s Shanty Tavern and restaurant on Northeast Sandy Boulevard.
Investigators believe that the blaze was set to cover up a burglary. One of the suspects was burned. Firefighters responded to reports of an explosion and sparks from a window on the second floor …