Man Injured in Fire Trying to Save Dog | 101 KXL

Man Injured in Fire Trying to Save Dog

Written by Anna Erickson on August 30, 2014
Residential_Fire_640_SE_3rd_Ave__08302014

Hillsboro – A mobile home caught fire early Saturday morning.  Three adults and one child were forced to leave their home and one of the adults was transported to the Oregon Burn Center for treatment of burns that he got from trying to re-enter the home.

Around 1:00 am, fire crews arrived to find flames coming through the windows on both sides of the single wide mobile home at 640 SE 3rd Avenue in Hillsboro.  Firefighters quickly attacked the blaze on the front deck and inside the front room and were able to put it out within 10 minutes.

Witnesses say one of the residents of the mobile home and his 2-year-old nephew were on the front deck when they saw smoke and flames coming from the front door.  The man was injured while going back in to get the family dog.  The boy’s parents weren’t home at the time the fire broke out.  The dog was later found and made it out safely.

The cause of the fire is electrical and the home is a total loss.  The Oregon Trail Chapter of the American Red Cross is helping the family with temporary housing and essentials.

Posted Under: Local Headlines, Today's Top Stories

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>




© 2014 Alpha Media - All Rights Reserved. 1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 600 Portland, OR 97204 | 503-517-6000
Advertise | Careers | Contest Rules | Privacy Policy | EEO Report | Terms Of Use