SE Portland Family Has Close Call With Carbon Monoxide | 101 KXL

SE Portland Family Has Close Call With Carbon Monoxide

Written by Christina Kemp on March 23, 2014
Carbon_Monoxide_Alarm

 

It was a rough first day in their new home for a Southeast Portland family. After their carbon monoxide alarm went off twice in 15 minutes they decided to call 9-1-1. That call likely saved their lives says Lt. Damon Simmons.

“Without the detector alerting the family and telling them they needed to get out of the house and call 911, it could have been a much worse outcome.”

Firefighters went in with specialized detects and discovered an issue with the gas water heater. Northwest Natural was called in to shut down the gas supply. The family didn’t get to spend their first night in their new home but they are doing just fine.

Posted Under: Local Headlines

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>



© 2014 Alpha Broadcasting - All Rights Reserved. 1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 600 Portland, OR 97204 | 503-517-6000
Advertise | Careers | Contest Rules | Privacy Policy | EEO Report | Terms Of Use