Hash Oil Cooking in Forest Grove Causes Fire | 101 KXL

Hash Oil Cooking in Forest Grove Causes Fire

Written by Christina Kemp on January 10, 2014
Forest_Grove_Fire

 

A century old home in Forest Grove was heavily damaged by an early morning fire.

Three people were injured in the 2-alarm fire. One man had to be life-flighted to Emanuel’s Burn Center. Another man hurt his shoulder jumping from a deck to escape the flames.

The house is on 22nd and Main near the Pacific University Campus. What happened was the guys inside the house were cooking hash oil which exploded and caused the fire. The manufacture of hash oil requires a extraction process involving butane, a highly flammable gas and is extremely dangerous. This is being investigated by Westside Interagency Narcotics Team and the Forest Grove Police.

This is the second fire of this nature in Forest Grove within the past year.

Posted Under: Local Headlines, Today's Top Stories

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>


© 2014 Alpha Broadcasting - All Rights Reserved. 1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 600 Portland, OR 97204 | 503-517-6000
Advertise | Careers | Contest Rules | Privacy Policy | EEO Report | Terms Of Use